Idx does not know where is c++ iostream is

When I ran gcc main.cpp, it returned an error. I believe it might be because it can’t find the iostream header.

Make sure to add the pkgs.glibc.out package to your dev.nix file inside ‘.idx’ folder

for now i cant really test it on my own because i can’t open or make ANY workspaces on idx

1 Like

i will try is there a way to install gcc14?

edit: Just add pkgs.glibc (or if fails, remove and add pkgs.glibc.out) on the dev.nix file according to the nix forum (How to get this basic C++ build to work in a nix-shell? - Help - NixOS Discourse)

I tried to run the g++ binary from nix-based workspaces, Replit but it fails to run. The above solution worked tho

go to start.sh - cpp test - Replit then click the run button. Im using the blank workspace so i can make it from scratch

i hope that i can test it out if idx dosent have any workspaces problem :(, but for now thats my own solution

Actually, you should use g++ binary to compile for C++ files.

I can get in to idx by reloading it then i get a error

I got in right now… does idx works on android?

(what, why replies have a ratelimit tho)

hi, im @cupglassdev, but alt acc

Wdym it works, for compilling native apps on android it works like a charm, or you mean open one of your idx workspaces FROM your android?

Using idx on android mobile phone keyboard inputs not working

Oh, i already do that before (logging in to my android, opening one of my workspaces, etc), but yeah it seems that the Code-OSS ui (that IDX uses) (maybe?) only works on desktop