Upgrade `firebase-tools`

When I used Firebase from the CLI, at the end of the command output I got:

╭─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────╮
   │                                                                                                                     │
   │                                          Update available 13.9.0 → 13.10.2                                          │
   │                                   To update to the latest version using npm, run                                    │
   │                                            npm install -g firebase-tools                                            │
   │   For other CLI management options, visit the CLI documentation (https://firebase.google.com/docs/cli#update-cli)   │
   │                                                                                                                     │
   ╰─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────╯

I’m quite sure that updating by npm i -g firebase-tools isn’t the way to go, considering that

paypal-integration-6137092:~/paypal-integration$ which firebase
/google/idx/builtins/bin/firebase

What would be the right way to update it?

We’ll have a fix out to update this shortly. Thanks for raising this bug.

1 Like

Hi

Why does my firebase-tools only go up to 12.4.8, at most?

You can install firebase-tools via the CLI, and it will take precedent over the one we install via Nix.

@bacelar - does this help? You can install any version of the Firebase Tools that you want.

hi man, thanks, but does not work for me… after run npm install @13…, firebase --version return 12…

Did you install it globally?