Gemini Tab Consistency with AI Studio

Hi. Before coming to IDX, I was mostly copy/pasting from AI Studio. I was using that from relatively early on, and initially they had the same functionality as the current Gemini chat tab in IDX in that when you hit Enter it triggered the post to the chat. In order to paste in code, you had to use Shift+Enter extensively, especially when pasting in code blocks (triple backticks). This was extremely tedious and caused many many false starts on AI model execution, and I assume subsequently was costing Google money.

The current iteration on this is to have free reign in the chat box until using Ctrl+Enter. This is a much cleaner approach to the interface IMO, both in usability from my user POV and efficiency with Google’s compute resources.

So questions:

• Have you considered this approach already? If so is the discussion public and can we participate? (If this is the case, just ignore the rest if I can join that discussion!)
  • Is it technically feasible with extending the vscode primitive?
  • Are you keeping it as-is to maintain consistency with existing vscode users?
  • Are you in talks with AI Studio at all in the Google universe, and if so have you discussed this particular issue?

Thanks for the hard work and great product.