Simulator /emulator

I humbly request the idx team to work on the android simulator. The current emulator is hard to work with it disconnects severely and one has to keep hard restarting the emulator severally.I humbly request you to enable connection of physical device to the ide.
Is there any possibility that we will ever have iOS simulator in the project idx?

hey, :slight_smile:
ya the android emulator is very basic, and slow, but stability has been ok for me.

what msg’s are you seeing in output - idx ?

a few things i’ve noticed;
the output buffer is small, so if you have print statements that fill it up, things get wonky, using logger made a vast improvement.

and I think I’ve noticed after awhile, like 7-8 hours… sometimes the emulator will start doing ghosting highlighting of buttons, for lack of a better description.
closing, reset, reload workspace clears it up. i.e. getting a new vm.

and sometimes the dart formatter will take forever when saving a file, along with losing pty host, tab completion, gemini access, etc, i think its something todo with the machine the vm is on, that gets frustrating too. resetting for that situation works too, but sometimes i think i get a vm on the same blade or whatever and saving problem comes back …